Planning Future Services
Transit Development Plan - Major Update
LYNX has kicked off the preparation of a Major Update to its Transit Development Plan, or TDP. The TDP is a 10-year planning, policy, and service development tool required by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to qualify for State of Florida Public Transit Block Grant Program funding. This year’s Major Update builds on the recently completed county-by-county transit plans developed for Seminole, Orange, and Osceola counties.
LYNX is currently soliciting feedback from the public on those Needs Plans. Please participate in the following survey to give us your feedback:
Plan on attending one of the following workshops. Virtual participation options are available. Workshops will be held to achieve the following goals:
- Introduce the service and capital needs plans presented in the County Transit Plans
- Solicit input on transportation needs and priorities to be included in the 10-year planning horizon of the TDP
PUBLIC WORKSHOPS – IN PERSON
DATE/TIME: Monday, June 27, 2022, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Public Meeting)
City of Altamonte Springs City Hall
225 Newburyport Ave.
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Public Meeting)
LYNX Central Station
2nd Floor Open Space
455 North Garland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
DATE/TIME: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Public Meeting)
City of Kissimmee City Hall
Toho Conference Room – 1st Floor
101 Church St.
Kissimmee, FL 34741
PUBLIC WORKSHOPS – VIRTUAL
DATE/TIME: Monday, June 27, 2022, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
DATE/TIME: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Interested parties may view the proposed future transit needs at the LYNX Central Station First Floor Security Guard Post between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, beginning June 27, 2022 through July 26, 2022. Additionally, comments will be accepted at all public workshops, and at www.golynx.com, or mailed or delivered to:
Strategic Planning Department
455 North Garland Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32801
ATTN: Transit Development Plan Major Update
For additional information, please contact Trish Whitton at (407) 254-6119. The LYNX Board of Directors will be asked to authorize the plan for submittal at its scheduled meeting on August 25, 2022.
Goal: Secure a dedicated source of funding to allow LYNX to better meet varying transportation and infrastructure needs.
Objective 1: Collaborate with regional partners to build support for a dedicated source of transit funding with which to most effectively and reliably serve the region’s residents, businesses and visitors.
- Initiative: Provide input and support for funding studies and related efforts of the Authority’s regional partners.
- Initiative: Participate in the Transportation Funding Task Force, a subcommittee of the MetroPlan Orlando Board of Directors.
Objective 2: Secure complementary and/or supplementary sources of funding for both capital and operating expenses to reduce the overall financial burden on resource-limited local government partners.
- Initiative: Identify and pursue grant funding opportunities from a variety of sources including FTA, DOT, HUD, state and local programs.
- Initiative: Identify public-private partnership (P3) opportunities to share costs for projects, programs and initiatives that will be of joint benefit to LYNX and another entity, such as another agency, investor or private developer.
Goal: Improve internal and external communication to improve organizational efficiency and meet the evolving needs of the community.
Objective 1: Provide real-time information to customers.
- Initiative: Develop a real-time customer information plan that identifies appropriate technology and internal staffing and maintenance requirements.
Objective 2: Utilize social media to provide and share up-to-date information and to receive input from customers and partners.
- Initiative: Dedicate one staff person to manage all social media including Facebook and Twitter and other types. This person will be responsible for releasing communications via social media on behalf of LYNX, monitoring comments related to LYNX and its services, and responding to customer issues and inquiries.
- Initiative: Update informational signage at key stops and transfer points to include schedule information and steps to accessing real-time customer information.