LYNX to Hold Public Workshops and Hearings for August 2021 Service Proposal
June 16, 2021
Updated: June 18 at 2:00 p.m.
LYNX has proposed making system-wide efficiencies effective Aug. 22.
The LYNX Board of Directors will vote on the service proposal at their July 22 meeting in the LYNX Central Station 2nd Floor Board Room.
- Schedule adjustments will include Links 10, 29, 40 and 105.
- Schedule reductions will include Links 6, 9, 15, 54 and 405.
- Route and/or schedule improvements will include Links 38, 42, 55, 125 and 436S.
The public comment period will begin June 16. Comments will be accepted at public workshops and hearings.
DATE/TIME: Monday, June 28
4-5 p.m. (Workshop), 5-6 p.m. (Hearing)
LOCATION: LYNX Central Station – Board Room
455 North Garland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
Passengers should use any of the 31 Links serving LYNX Central Station, LYMMO (Orange Downtown, North Quarter, and Lime Lines), or SunRail.
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, June 29
5-6 p.m. (Workshop), 6-7 p.m. (Hearing)
LOCATION: Virtual Meeting (more information will be available on golynx.com.)
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13017158592,,91651639608# or +13126266799,,91651639608#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128
Webinar ID: 916 5163 9608
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aLeqKmNmy
Public comments also will be accepted through 5 p.m. July 17 at golynx.com on the “contact us” page, by mail or delivered to:
LYNX Central Station
455 N. Garland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
Attention: Service Change
Interested parties may view the proposed service change information at the LYNX Central Station 1st Floor Security Guard Post 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. For additional information contact Bruce Detweiler, Interim Director of Planning and Development, at (407) 254-6136.
Maps and schedules are being drafted and once complete will be posted on golynx.com.
August 22 Service Proposal*
- Link 10 – St. Cloud (Osceola County) – Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 29 – East Colonial/Goldenrod (Orange County) – Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 40 – Americana/Universal Orlando (Orange County) – Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 105 – W. Colonial Drive (Orange County) - Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 6 – Dixie Belle (Orange County) – Eliminate weekday 7 and 8 p.m. round trips from Colonial Plaza SuperStop. Eliminate all Saturday service.
- Link 9 – Winter Park/Rosemont (Orange County) – Eliminate weekday 12:15 a.m. trip from Rosemont SuperStop to Webster Street/Denning Drive.
- Link 15 – Curry Ford /Valencia College East (Orange County) – Eliminate 5:15 a.m. trip on Saturday from LYNX Central Station to Valencia College East. Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 54 – Old Winter Garden (Orange County) – Eliminate Saturday 7:25 p.m. trip from West Oaks Mall SuperStop to LYNX Central Station.
- Link 405 – Apopka Circulator (Orange County) – Eliminate weekday 11:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. trips from Apopka SuperStop.
ROUTE and/or SCHEDULE IMPROVEMENTS
- Link 38 – International Drive (Orange County) – Change routing to operate between LYNX Central Station and Universal Orlando parking garage via I-4, then via Universal Blvd, I-Drive, Destination Parkway to Destination Pkwy SuperStop. Change to 30-minute peak and 60-minute off peak service daily.
- Link 42 – International Drive/OIA (Orange County) – Add weekday and Saturday trips from Orlando International Airport to Destination Parkway SuperStop at 11:05 p.m. and 12:05 a.m.; and 10:25, 11:25 p.m. and 12:25 a.m. on Sunday.
- Link 55 – West U.S. 192/Four Corners (Osceola County/Lake County) – Change routing at Four Corners to U.S. 27, Cagan Valley Way, Cagan View Road to normal route.
- Link 125 – Silver Star Road (Orange County) – Add Sunday trips from West Oaks Mall to John Young Parkway at 9 and 10 p.m.
- Link 436S – SR 436/Fernwood/OIA (Orange County/Seminole County) – Add weekday and Saturday trips from Orlando International Airport to Fern Park SuperStop at 12:05 a.m.; and 11:25 p.m. and 12:25 a.m. on Sunday.
* Subject to change.