LYNX to Hold Public Workshops and Hearings for April 2022 Service Proposal
The Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority (LYNX) has proposed making system-wide efficiencies effective April 24.
Updated: Feb. 21 at 11:37 a.m.
The LYNX Board of Directors will vote on the service proposal at their March 24 meeting in the LYNX Central Station 2nd Floor Board Room.
- NeighborLink 631 and 632 will combine service areas into a new NeighborLink 831.
- Schedule adjustments will include Links 6, 21, 42, 55, 56, 125, 301, 302, 303, 304, 306, 312, FastLink 407 and 418.
- Route and/or schedule improvements will include Links 37, 38, 104, 300, 319 and 350.
- Bay assignment changes will include LYNX Central Station, Colonial Plaza SuperStop, Disney Springs Transfer Center and the Apopka SuperStop.
The public comment period will begin Feb. 18. Comments will be accepted at public workshops and hearings.
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, March 1
4-5 p.m. (Workshop), 5-6 p.m. (Hearing)
LOCATION: LYNX Central Station – 2nd Floor Open Space
455 North Garland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
Passengers should use any of the 31 Links serving LYNX Central Station, LYMMO (Orange Downtown, North Quarter and Lime Lines), or SunRail.
DATE/TIME: Wednesday, March 2
5-6 p.m. (Workshop), 6-7 p.m. (Hearing)
LOCATION: Virtual Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13017158592,,85122209061# or +13126266799,,85122209061#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 720 707 2699
Webinar ID: 851 2220 9061
International numbers available: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kHRDuUCDN
Public comments also will be accepted through 5 p.m. March 21 at golynx.com on the “contact us” page, by mail or delivered to:
LYNX Central Station
455 N. Garland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32803
Attention: Service Change
Interested parties may view the proposed service change information at the LYNX Central Station 1st Floor Security Guard Post 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. For additional information contact Bruce Detweiler, Interim Director of Planning and Development, at (407) 254-6136.
Maps and schedules are being drafted and once complete will be posted on golynx.com.
April 24 Service Proposal*
MINOR SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENTS
- Link 6 – Bumby Avenue/Dixie Belle Drive (Orange County)
- Link 21 – Raleigh Street/Kirkman Road/Universal Orlando (Orange County)
- Link 42 – International Drive/OIA (Orange County)
- Link 55 – West U.S. 192/Four Corners (Osceola County, Orange County and Lake County)
- Link 56 – West U.S. 192/Magic Kingdom (Orange County/Osceola County)
- Link 125 – Silver Star Road (Orange County)
- Link 301 – Disney Direct/Pine Hills (Orange County)
- Link 302 – Disney Direct/Rosemont (Orange County)
- Link 303 – Disney Direct/Washington Shores (Orange County)
- Link 304 – Disney Direct/Rio Grande/Vistana (Orange County)
- Link 306 – Disney Direct/Poinciana (Orange County/Osceola County)
- Link 312 – Disney Direct/Ocoee (Orange County)
- FastLink 407 – Kissimmee/OIA/Medical Center (Orange County/Osceola County)
- FastLink 418 – Meadow Woods/Lake Nona (Orange County)
ROUTE and/or SCHEDULE IMPROVEMENTS
- Link 37 – Pine Hills/Florida Mall (Orange County) – Changing route to operate via International Drive, Grand National Drive and Vanguard Street.
- Link 38 – International Drive (Orange County) – Change routing to operate between LYNX Central Station and Universal Orlando via Hughey Avenue, I-4 express lanes, Grand National Drive, Major Boulevard and Universal Boulevard. Inbound route will exit I-4 express lanes at South Street and use Garland Avenue to LYNX Central Station.
- Link 104 – East Colonial Drive (Orange County) – Extend route into Colonial Plaza SuperStop.
- Link 300 – Disney Express (Orange County) – Change routing to operate between LYNX Central Station and Disney Springs via I-4 express lanes. Route will use Hughey Avenue and Garland Street to South Street to access the express lanes. Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 319 – Richmond Heights (Orange County) – Discontinue service on Kirkland Boulevard, Ivey Lane, King Cole Boulevard, Ravenall Avenue and Messina Avenue. Route will use Willie Mays Parkway in the Richmond Heights area. Renumber as Link 19. Bus stop changes along entire route.
- Link 350 – Destination Parkway/SeaWorld/Disney Express (Orange County) – Change routing to operate between LYNX Central Station and Disney Springs via I-4 express lanes. Route will use Hughey Avenue and Garland Avenue to South Street for access the express lanes. Minor schedule adjustments.
- NeighborLink 631 – Buena Ventura Lakes (Osceola County) – Combining route with NeighborLink 632 and extending service zone into downtown Kissimmee to serve the LYNX Kissimmee Intermodal Station. Renumber as NeighborLink 831.
- NeighborLink 632 – North Kissimmee (Osceola County) – Combining route with NeighborLink 631 and extending service zone into downtown Kissimmee to serve the LYNX Kissimmee Intermodal Station. Renumber as NeighborLink 831.
BAY ASSIGNMENT CHANGES:
- Apopka SuperStop – TBD
- Colonial Plaza SuperStop – TBD
- Disney Springs Transfer Center – TBD
- LYNX Central Station – TBD
* Subject to change.
For more information please contact Matt Friedman, Director of Marketing Communications,
at 407-254-6206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.