LYNX to Hold Public Hearings and Workshops for December 2020 Service Proposal
September 15, 2020
Updated: Oct. 12, 2020
LYNX has proposed making system-wide efficiencies effective Dec. 13.
The LYNX Board of Directors will vote on the service proposal at their Oct. 22 meeting in the LYNX Central Station 2nd Floor Board Room.
- Route adjustments will include NeighborLink 641.
- Schedule adjustments will include Links 10, 18, 40, 51 and 436N.
- Route and/or schedule improvements will include Links 8, 55, 105, 108, 319 and NeighborLink 621.
- Service reductions on Links 36 and 303.
- Bus stop additions on FastLink 441.
- Bay changes will take place at LYNX Central Station (LCS) and Kissimmee Intermodal Station (KIS).
The public comment period will begin Sept. 16. Comments will be accepted at public workshops and hearings.
DATE/TIME: Wednesday, Oct. 14
4-5 p.m. (Workshop), 5-6 p.m. (Hearing)
LOCATION: LYNX Central Station – Board Room
455 North Garland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
NOTE: Face masks are required to attend this meeting
Passengers should use any of the 31 Links serving LYNX Central Station, LYMMO (Orange Downtown, North Quarter, and Lime Lines), or SunRail.
DATE/TIME: Thursday, Oct. 15
5-6 p.m. (Workshop), 6-7 p.m. (Hearing)
LOCATION: Virtual Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,91366855855# or +13017158592,,91366855855#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or
+1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 913 6685 5855
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ad0iZM5kpH
Public comments also will be accepted through 5 p.m. on October 15 at golynx.com on the “contact us” page, by mail or delivered to:
LYNX Central Station
455 N. Garland Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801
Attention: Service Change
Interested parties may view the proposed service change information at the LYNX Central Station 1st Floor Security Guard Post 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. For additional information contact Bruce Detweiler, Manager of Service Planning, at (407) 254-6136.
Maps and schedules are being drafted and once complete will be posted on golynx.com.
Dec. 13 Service Proposal*
- NeighborLink 641 – Williamsburg (Orange County) – The service zone will be extended east to International Drive, north to Convention Way and west to Universal Boulevard to serve Rosen Shingle Creek.
- Link 10 – East U.S. 192/St. Cloud (Osceola County) – Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 18 – S. Orange Avenue/Kissimmee (Orange County/Osceola County) – Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 40 – Americana Boulevard/Universal Orlando (Orange County) – Minor schedule adjustments. The 4:30 a.m. to LCS trip Monday-Saturday will start at Universal Orlando Parking Garage.
- Link 51 – Conway Road/Orlando International Airport (Orange County) – Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 436N – SR 436 Crosstown/Apopka (Orange County/Seminole County) – Minor schedule adjustments.
ROUTE and SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENTS
- Link 8 – W. Oak Ridge Road/International Drive (Orange County) – Route will operate along Westmoreland Drive, Gore Street, Orange Blossom Trail and will not serve Grand Street. Minor schedule adjustments. Adding Sunday trips from LCS at 7:45 p.m. and Vineland Premium Outlets at 9:30 p.m.
- Link 55 – West U.S. 192/Crosstown (Osceola County/Lake County) – Routing at Four Corners Walmart changed to U.S. 27, Cagan Crossings Boulevard, Frontage Road, Cagan Ridge Boulevard, Heritage Oaks and Town Center Boulevard to U.S. 192. Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 105 – West Colonial Drive (Orange County) – Sunday service will extend via Colonial Drive, Blackwood Avenue, Old Winter Garden Road and Bluford Avenue to Colonial Drive. Sunday only, buses will serve the West Oaks Mall SuperStop on inbound trips and will not operate to the main mall entrance. Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 108 – South U.S. 441/Kissimmee (Orange County/Osceola County) – A Sunday trip will be added leaving Kissimmee Intermodal Station at 9:20 p.m. Minor schedule adjustments.
- Link 319 – Richmond Heights (Orange County) – Route will operate along Gore Street, Orange Blossom Trail, Grand Street and Parramore Avenue. Minor schedule adjustments.
- NeighborLink 621 – Bithlo (Orange County) – Route will extend to Sophie Boulevard and serve Waterford Lakes Town Center. Fixed-route service will be eliminated in Avalon Park and Bithlo and converted to zone service. Frequency will change to every 60 minutes. Major schedule adjustments.
- Link 36 – Lake Richmond (Orange County) – Reduce Saturday frequency to 60 minutes and operate via the Sunday routing. No Saturday service to 34th Street, St. Valentine Way, 36th Street and Barack Obama Parkway.
- Link 303 – Washington Shores/Disney Hollywood Studios (Orange County) – Eliminating the daily 2:30 p.m. trip from John Young Parkway and Colonial Drive to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
BUS STOP ADDITIONS
- FastLink 441 – Kissimmee/Downtown Orlando (Orange County/Osceola County) – New stops will be added at Orange Blossom Trail and Towne Center Boulevard.
- LYNX Central Station – To be determined.
- Kissimmee Intermodal Station – Link 10 to Bay G and Link 108 to Bay D.
* Subject to change.