LYNX' HR mission is to develop effective programs and implement strategic improvements that deliver quality services which add value to and strengthen LYNX and its employees.
Customer Care - We truly care for each customer. We work to build enduring relationships by understanding and anticipating our customers’ needs. We cherish diversity and respect each individual’s need for a balanced life.
Responsiveness - We are committed to providing prompt and courteous attention to our customers in the most expeditious manner.
Expertise in HR - We are driven to provide the most current, accurate HR support. Our culture embraces creativity, seeks different perspectives and risks pursuing new opportunities.
STATEMENT OF POLICY - EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM
- LYNX is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. LYNX affirms its commitment to treat all applicants for employment and employees equally without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, compensations discussions, or disclosures, or other class protected by local, state, or federal law. LYNX and its employees are prohibited from discriminating against an applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, or any other basis protected by local, state, or Federal law, or to be excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any project, program, or activity funded in whole or in part through Federal financial assistance. This policy extends to all areas of employment including recruitment, selection and placement, compensation, promotion, transfer, discipline, demotion, lay-off, termination, training, daily working conditions, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.
- LYNX supports the concept of an active affirmative action program consistent with Federal laws, court decisions, Executive Orders, and regulations, including goals and timetables, in order to overcome the effects of past discrimination on minorities and women.
- The responsibility for the implementation of the EEO Program rests me with me Susan Black as General Manager of Administration & Interim CEO. The management of the EEO Program and day-to-day responsibilities shall be the responsible of Desna Hunte, Compliance Manager, (407) 254-6117, as EEO Officer.
- All LYNX managers and supervisors share in the responsibility of ensuring compliance is achieved through, understanding, communicating, and participation through active involvement in the support of this policy.
- Applicants and employees have the right to file complaints alleging discrimination with Desna Hunte as the EEO Officer, (407) 254-6117, Federal or State Civil Rights Commissions, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and the EEOC.
- Performance evaluations of managers and supervisors shall include evaluating the success of the EEO program in the same manner as performance on other goals.
- Achievement of EEO goals will benefit recipient/sub-recipient/contractors through fuller utilization and development of previously underutilized human resources.
This statement shall be reissued annually and disseminated/posted in public forums.
If any employee or applicant has a problem or concern in any matter relating to equal employment practice or procedure, please contact her at:
Manager of Compliance
455 North Garland Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32825
Safety Begins With Being Drug Free!
LYNX is dedicated to providing safe, dependable, economical transportation services to our transit system customers. LYNX employees are our most valuable resource and it is our goal to provide them with a healthy, satisfying working environment. In meeting these goals, it is our policy to (1) assure that employees are not impaired in their ability to perform assigned duties in a safe, productive and healthy manner; (2) create a workplace environment free from the adverse effects of drug and alcohol abuse or misuse; (3) prohibit the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of controlled substances; and (4) encourage employees to seek professional assistance anytime personal problems, including alcohol or drug dependency, adversely affect their ability to perform their assigned duties.
This policy applies to all LYNX employees. All employees will be subject to pre-employment drug testing as well as reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing. Employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will also be subject to random testing. A safety-sensitive function is any duty related to the safe operation of mass transit service including the operation, dispatch, and maintenance of a revenue service vehicle (whether or not the vehicle is in revenue service) and any other employee who holds a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
LYNX follows USDOT and FTA drug testing guidelines. Test for drugs will be done by analytical urine drug testing. The drugs for which LYNX will test shall include, but not be limited to the following; marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines and phencyclidine. Tests for alcohol concentration will be conducted utilizing a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) approved Evidential Breath Testing Device (EBT) operated by a trained breath alcohol technician.