Note: Effective Dec. 1, LYNX will be transitioning to a mobility management model to provide travel options and customer service for the ACCESS LYNX program.
- Call center function will now be operated by LYNX.
- For customers who can utilize non-ACCESS LYNX vehicles their trips may be provided by bus, taxi, or transportation network companies.
- Free travel training will be offered to learn how to use the program's new modes of transportation.
- Reduced fares on buses and NeighborLink are available for customers with a LYNX ID. Plus discount ticket books are available on the new LYNX PawPass app where riders can store value in an electronic wallet.
- An ACCESS LYNX vehicle tracker app is in development for a 2018 release.
- A fleet expansion is underway as LYNX has ordered 50 new ACCESS LYNX vehicles scheduled to be delivered in early 2018.
ACCESS LYNX is a shared ride door-to-door transportation service provided by MV Transportation under the supervision of LYNX, the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority. The ACCESS LYNX program provides complimentary service for eligible individuals who are not able to use the regular fixed route bus service because of a disability or other limitations.
Many customers find the fixed route service is often the best, most economical way for disabled or disadvantaged customers to get to where they need to go. Our fixed route bus system is fully accessible and serves thousands of customers with disabilities and special needs each day. Bus passes for seniors and customers with disabilities are available at a discounted rate through our AdvantAge Program.
Currently the ACCESS LYNX paratransit program provides more than 2,100 scheduled passenger trips each weekday, using a variety of vehicles equipped for individuals with various disabilities. Because the demand for these special transit services is high, it is very important that each customer carefully follow the program guidelines.
Individuals who are interested in using ACCESS LYNX paratransit services must apply through a mail-in application process. To schedule your trip or ask a question, please call 407-423-TRIP (8747).