In the ongoing effort to maximize system wide efficiencies, the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority (LYNX) has finalized service changes that will become effective Aug.14.
LYNX will add a Monday-Friday morning and afternoon commuter service named FastLink along U.S. 441/Orange Blossom Trail and U.S. 17-92 to LYNX Central Station (LCS) in downtown Orlando. The FastLink 441 will originate and end at Osceola Square Mall in Kissimmee, while the FastLink 17-92 will originate and end at Seminole Centre in Sanford. Each FastLink will stop only four times along its route.
By reducing stops along these corridors, this faster service will save passengers riding the entire route at least 50 minutes of valuable travel time in each direction. Additional FastLink options are expected to be announced in the coming months.
Other efficiencies will be on Links 4, 17, 20, 30, 34, 36, 41, 46E, 46W, 102, 103, 200 and 434.
LYNX Customer Service will be available to assist all riders as the service changes are initiated. Customers also may visit www.golynx.com to view maps and plan trips through the online Trip Planner or call 407-841-LYNX (5969) to speak with a customer service representative for assistance.
The next service efficiencies will take place in December 2011.
Effective Aug. 14, 2011
· FastLink 441 – Orange County/Osceola County – Monday-Friday faster morning and evening commute service on U.S. 441/Orange Blossom Trail from Osceola Square Mall in Kissimmee to LCS. The 53 minute trip will leave LCS at 6:30 a.m., 7 a.m., 7:30 a.m.,
4 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Service on the 55 minute trip will leave Osceola Square Mall at 5:25 a.m., 5:55 a.m., 6:25 a.m., 4:55 p.m., 5:25 p.m. and 5:55 p.m.
· FastLink 17-92 – Orange County/Seminole County – Monday-Friday faster morning and evening commute service on U.S. 17-92 corridor between Sanford and LCS. Trips will leave Seminole Centre at 6 a.m. (46 minutes), 6:25 a.m. (55 minutes) and 7 a.m. (55 minutes). All afternoon trips departing LCS will be 59 minutes, leaving at 4:15 p.m., 5 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
12:20 p.m.-3:20 p.m. on trips to LCS. Adjustment will allow LYNX to provide new FastLink service on the OBT corridor.
(Seminole County) – Time has been added to Saturday service.
· Link 103 – North U.S. 17-92/Sanford (Seminole County) – Will now arrive and depart on opposite side of Fernwood Boulevard to provide more efficient transfers. The 5 a.m. weekday service from Seminole Centre to Fernwood Boulevard and Oxford Road will be removed. Time has been added to Saturday service.
· Link 200 – Volusia Xpress (Orange County/Volusia County) – Removing the stop at Colonial Center stop (Mitsubishi Building stop). Timepoint #2 is moving to H.E. Thomas Jr. Parkway and International Parkway.
· Link 434 – SR 434 Crosstown (Seminole County) – Adjust running times between selected time points along the route.
For more information please contact Matt Friedman, Manager of Media Relations, at 407-254-6206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.