LYNX' HR mission is to develop effective programs and implement strategic improvements that deliver quality services which add value to and strengthen
LYNX and its employees.
Customer Care - We truly care for each customer. We work to build enduring relationships by understanding and anticipating our
customers’ needs. We cherish diversity and respect each individual’s need for a balanced life.
Responsiveness - We are committed to providing prompt and courteous attention to our customers in the most expeditious manner.
Expertise in HR - We are driven to provide the most current, accurate HR support. Our culture embraces creativity, seeks different
perspectives and risks pursuing new opportunities.
The purpose is to insure the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed,
national origin, sex, age or disability. It shall be the policy of LYNX to provide equal opportunity to all applicants for employment and to
administer all personnel practices such as recruitment, selection, training, promotion, termination, transfers, layoffs, compensation, benefits and
other terms, conditions and privileges of employment in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national
origin, religion, or disability. It is the policy of LYNX that:
- No practice, activity, policy or decision which discriminates against an individual or group on the basis of race, color, age, nationality,
creed, sex or disability shall be allowed to stand.
- Affirmative action will be taken to identify the areas where minorities and women are underutilized, and a vigorous effort will be made to
correct employment imbalances. All decisions in regard to recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and termination's will be made in
a manner in which they will further the principles of equal employment opportunity and the achievement of the established affirmative action goals.
- These policies shall be applied to all aspects of recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, upgrading, promotion, retention,
transfer, and working conditions of all employees.
- Goals will be established in all categories of employment to achieve minority employment balance that reflects the availability of minorities
in the labor market. Supervisory and management personnel will be evaluated on their compliance with this program and their ability to achieve the
established goals. The purpose of LYNX's commitment to such goals as to minority employment balance is to meet its affirmative action obligations
under the equal opportunity clause of its grant contract with the Federal Transit Administration. This commitment is not intended and shall not be
used to discriminate against any qualified applicant or employee.
- Race, Color, creed, nationality, age, sex or disability shall not be a criterion on how transit service is provided to the public. Service
shall be provided in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Management will evaluate and monitor the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and adhere to the administration of the policy and program.
- Successful implementation of LYNX's EEO Program will provide positive benefits to the Commission through fuller utilization and development of
previously underutilized human resources.
The program is action oriented and will be reevaluated and revised when necessary. The LYNX commitment to a realistic Affirmative Action Program
has as its foundation the designation of Desna Hunte, as the Manager of Compliance who is dedicated to the philosophy and policy of the program. If
any employee or applicant has a problem or concern in any matter relating to an equal opportunity practice or procedure, please contact her at
(407) 254-6117 or email@example.com.
Safety Begins With Being Drug Free!
LYNX is dedicated to providing safe, dependable, economical transportation services to our transit system customers. LYNX employees are our most
valuable resource and it is our goal to provide them with a healthy, satisfying working environment. In meeting these goals, it is our policy to
(1) assure that employees are not impaired in their ability to perform assigned duties in a safe, productive and healthy manner; (2) create a
workplace environment free from the adverse effects of drug and alcohol abuse or misuse; (3) prohibit the unlawful manufacture, distribution,
dispensing, possession, or use of controlled substances; and (4) encourage employees to seek professional assistance anytime personal problems,
including alcohol or drug dependency, adversely affect their ability to perform their assigned duties.
This policy applies to all LYNX employees. All employees will be subject to pre-employment drug testing as well as reasonable suspicion,
post-accident, return-to-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing. Employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will also be subject to
random testing. A safety-sensitive function is any duty related to the safe operation of mass transit service including the operation, dispatch,
and maintenance of a revenue service vehicle (whether or not the vehicle is in revenue service) and any other employee who holds a Commercial
Driver's License (CDL).
LYNX follows USDOT and FTA drug testing guidelines. Test for drugs will be done by analytical urine drug testing. The drugs for which LYNX will
test shall include, but not be limited to the following; marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines and phencyclidine. Tests for alcohol
concentration will be conducted utilizing a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) approved Evidential Breath Testing Device (EBT)
operated by a trained breath alcohol technician.