LYNX was founded in May 1972 as the Orange, Seminole and Osceola Transportation Authority (OSOTA). We became Tri-County Transit in 1984. In 1992 the
agency began doing business as LYNX and officially changed our name to the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority in March 1994.
Public transportation in Central Florida began in 1931 with the birth of the Orlando Transit Company. The OTC served four routes in the City of Orlando
and one in neighboring Winter Park. There was no bus station. Buses simply lined-up along Pine Street in downtown Orlando until departure time.
We operate a fleet of 270 buses on 71 local bus routes, called Links with service every day of the year. In 2012, LYNX set another ridership
record delivering more than 29.1 million passenger trips. In 2013 we are on pace to beat that record by 4 percent.
Our administrative and passenger facility, LYNX Central Station, is located in downtown Orlando. Other facilities include the LYNX Operations Center,
South Street and the Osceola Satellite Facility.
LYNX provides public transportation services for Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties. Daily fixed-route local bus service provides more than 85,000
passenger trips each weekday spanning an area of approximately 2,500 square miles with a resident population of more than 1.8 million. Small portions
of Polk and Volusia counties are served as well.
Other LYNX services include LYMMO, a free downtown Orlando circulator; a commuter assistance Vanpool
program; ACCESS LYNX paratransit Service; nine NeighborLink (formerly PickUpLine) community circulators; Xpress service from Lake and Volusia counties; and the Road
Rangers sponsored by State Farm roadside assistance program on Interstate 4.